Ingredients for Cooking Goat Seeds
- Vegetable oil 1 teaspoon
- Sunflower seeds peeled 250 grams
- Sugar 200 grams
- Honey (sweet, no bitterness) 1 tablespoon
- Water 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients Nuts, Sugar
- Serving 5 servings
- World cuisine
Inventory:Cooker, Baking tray, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Knife, Baking paper, Wooden spatula, Grease brush, Frying pan, Medium-sized aluminum pan, Plate
Cooking kozinaki from seeds:
Step 1: prepare the pan.We take a baking sheet, put baking paper on its bottom and pour 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil on top of it. Gently brush with grease distribute oil throughout baking paper. We make this process so that the entire sheet is covered with its layer and saturated. Now kozinaki will not stick to the bottom of the pan after they have cooled down. They can be easily cut and removed from the pan.
Step 2: prepare the seeds.
Step 3: pour the seeds on a baking sheet.Pour the fried seeds onto a prepared baking sheet. And with a spoon we evenly distribute them around the entire perimeter of baking paper. It turns out that sunflower seeds are edible only in the early 18th century. They are very useful for the human body, because they contain a large amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which help in digestion and strengthen the skin. Now the main thing is to restrain yourself and not eat healthy and tasty seeds until the final result of cooking gozinaki.
Step 4: prepare the caramel - part one.
Step 5: prepare the caramel - part two.Sugar dissolved and began to boil. Our caramel has become darker, has acquired a brown tint and thickened. The smell of melted, burnt sugar spread throughout the kitchen. It's time to add the following ingredients. Take 1 tablespoon of honey and add to the pan with melted sugar. Cook caramel for about 5-7 minutes. Do not forget to mix everything with a spoon. Caramel darkened even more and boiled. Without removing the aluminum pan from the stove, add to the caramel 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water. A spoonful of lemon juice can be squeezed out with half a lemon or finished lemon juice can be purchased at the store. I chose the second option. Take care of your hands! When lemon juice and water are added, the caramel will begin to hiss, and splashes will appear on its surface. Therefore, add these ingredients slowly, drop by drop. Mix everything thoroughly and keep it on fire for another minute. Lemon will remove the bitter aftertaste of burnt sugar, and water will make caramel more elastic. Remove the finished sweet liquid from the stove.
Step 6: pour the caramel sunflower seeds.
Step 7: cool the kozinaki with seeds.Ready-made dish "Kozinaki with seeds" cool in a cool place for 5-7 minutes. During this time, the caramel will not have time to crystallize very much, and we will be able to beautifully chop our kozinaki. We take a sharp knife and cut the cooked sweets right in the pan, as we like. After - leave the kozinaki to cool further.
Step 8: serve kozinaki with seeds.Finished gozinaki is carefully separated from the baking paper with a spatula and spread on a plate. You can serve kozinaki with tea or coffee, cold liquid sorbet or lemon juice. When I cook kozinaki from sunflower seeds at home, my sweet tooth eats them so quickly that sometimes I don’t even have time to make tea. Wonderful homemade sweetness from natural products. Enjoy your meal!
- - Kozinaki can be made from different types of seeds and nuts. Nuts with prunes or dried banana are very tasty.
- - If you want your caramel to be darker, then for its preparation you should buy dark sugar, for example - beetroot.
- - For cooking caramel, always take an aluminum pan with a thick bottom. In such a pan, there is less risk that the caramel will burn.
- - Instead of lemon in caramel, you can add 1 tablespoon of ordinary table vinegar (3 - 6%) or 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (5%).
- - If you do not have a special brush for greasing baking sheets and baking paper, do not get discouraged! Gently spread the vegetable oil over the surface of the baking paper by hand.
- - At room temperature, caramel is stored for no more than two to three weeks.
- - In order to preserve the cooked sweetness for longer, it is worth wrapping the kozinaki in parchment or vegetable paper and store in the refrigerator.