Ingredients for making mussels in batter
- Mussels (in shells) 1 kg.
- Chicken egg 1 piece.
- Beer (light) 4 tablespoons.
- Premium wheat flour 6 tablespoons.
- Starch 1 tablespoon.
- Salt to taste (I usually take 2 tsp.)
- Sunflower oil for deep-frying to taste.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Deep pan, Colander, Knife, Deep plate, Kitchen stove, Small bowls, Whisk or fork, Spoon, Deep fryer or deep pan, Paper towels, Serving dish
Cooking mussels in batter:
Step 1: take unpeeled mussels.The shells of our mussels should be thoroughly cleaned with a brush, washed under a stream of cold water. Then we take the pan, pour the mussels into the shells, pour the water so that it is on 1 finger mussels, salt a little and put on a big fire. When the water in the pan boils, reduce the heat and cook the mussels minutes 8-10. Then we discard the mussels into a colander and leave to cool like that. After cooking, the mussels should open, and those mussels that have not opened should be discarded, because they are no longer suitable for eating. After the mussels have cooled and it is worth breaking and pulling the meat out of them. The meat is attached to the sink, so with a knife they should be cut off from the sinks. We put the mussel meat in a separate deep plate.
Step 2: prepare the egg batter.
Step 3: fry the mussels.If there is a deep fryer, then take out the wire rack, pour the oil, put the mussels on the wire rack, heat the oil and fry. It is most convenient to fry mussels on wooden skewers. Let's say they took 3 pieces of mussel meat, strung it on one skewer, dipped it completely in batter and put the fryers on the grill. If there is no deep fryer, you can take a deep pan, pour oil there, heat it over high heat, dip the skewers into the batter and then pour the skewers with mussels into the hot oil. Mussels should be fried until golden brown.
Step 4: Serve the mussels in batter.When a golden crust appears on the mussels, we take the mussels out of the oil, put them on previously laid out paper napkins (towels) and let the excess fat and oil drain. After that, put the mussels in batter on a serving dish. You can serve mussels on a festive table both on skewers and arrange each piece of mussel meat separately in shells. As a side dish, we recommend serving mussels in a batter with rice and light vegetable salads. Enjoy your meal!
- - Mussels are pretty perishable seafood, so they should be served immediately.
- - Mussels cannot be stored for a long time in ready-made or fresh form, otherwise you risk poisoning them.
- - Light cold beer is ideal for this magnificent dish.
- - You can decorate the dish with parsley, lettuce, slices of lemon and tomato.