French fried dough ingredients
- Fish (zander, salmon) 1 kg
- Onions 1 piece
- Carrots (medium) - 1 piece to taste
- Chicken egg 2 pieces (1 per dough)
- Sunflower oil for greasing and frying
- Premium wheat flour 500 grams (per dough)
- Butter 250 grams (per dough)
- Filtered pure water (cold) 2-3 tablespoons (per dough)
- Table salt 0.5 teaspoon (part in the dough)
- Lemon 0.5 pieces
- Parsley or dill (thyme) 1 bunch
- White ground pepper on the tip of a knife
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Eggs, Flour
- Portion 5-7
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Small sieve, Sharp knife, Oven, Wooden spatula, Baking tray, Frying pan, Cutlery, Cloth, Refrigerator, Serving plate or portion plates
Cooking fish in French pastry:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Sift the wheat flour onto a board through a fine sieve, add a chicken egg and finely chopped butter into the recess (to make it easier to cut, place the butter on 10-15 minutes into the freezer). Pour cold water into a separate bowl and add a pinch of table salt, stir well until the salt dissolves. Add water with dissolved salt to the dough and knead within 5-8 minutes until a sufficiently dense consistency is obtained, until it begins to separate well from the hands. If the dough is too thick, add some more water. Roll the finished dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and set the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Step 2: Prepare the fish.We clean the fish from scales, cut off the dorsal and ventral fins, clean it from the insides, cut off the head and tail, and wash it under running cold water. Separate from the bones and separate the fillet from the skin with a sharp knife. Salt a little and put the fish fillet on a separate plate.
Step 3: Stir onions and carrots.
Step 4: Stuff the fish in the dough.We take out the finished dough from the refrigerator, let it stand for a while. Roll out the dough into a long layer, divide into two parts. On one part of the dough, put part of the fish fillet, sprinkle with lemon juice, pepper, salt. Put vegetable frying on top of the fish, cover this mass with the remaining fish fillet, also sprinkle with lemon juice, pepper, salt and cover with a second set of dough. We pinch the edges of the dough with your hands or a fork, giving your product any shape, you can in the form of fish or as shown in the picture. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil, or cover it with parchment paper and transfer the finished product to it, let stand for 10 minutes. At this time, in a separate bowl, beat the chicken egg until smooth and grease the product. Preheat the oven and set the fish to bake in the dough for 35-40 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. We take out the finished fish from the oven, transfer to a dish and let it cool slightly.
Step 5: Serve the fish in French pastry.In a serving dish we shift the freshly baked fish in the dough in French and cut into small portions. Good appetite!
- - You can marinate the fish fillet separately by adding a little lemon juice and spices to taste.
- - After putting the vegetables on the fish fillet, you can grate the cheese on top on a medium grater, and then cover with another layer of dough. So the dish will be much juicier.
- - You can add any seasonings and spices to your steamed vegetables at your discretion.