Ingredients for making meat hey
- Fresh pork pulp 400-500 grams
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon with a slide
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Rice wine 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 medium sized ginger root
- Large garlic 2-3 cloves
- Ground spice coriander 0.5 teaspoon
- Large carrot 1 piece
- Onions medium size 1-2 pieces
- 1 medium green chili pepper
- Bulgarian red pepper medium size 1/2 part
- Olive oil for frying
- Zucchini medium size 1/2 piece
- Small white cabbage 1/4 part
- Spicy Chili Powder 1-2 Teaspoons
- Black sesame seeds to taste
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Onion, Carrot, Pepper
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Frying pan, Deep plate, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Flat plate, Garlic, Saucer - 2 pieces, Fine grater, Deep bowl, Serving dish
Making hey from meat:
Step 1: prepare the pork.
To begin with, thoroughly wash the pork under running water to wash away any dirt and bone fragments from it. Then we put the meat on a cutting board and with a knife we clear the film and fat. Again, slightly wash the pork under running water and after - cut it into small oblong pieces in width 1-1.5 centimeters. The processed meat is transferred to a free deep plate.
Step 2: prepare the ginger root.
Using a knife, peel the ginger root from the skin and then - rinse under running water. Then, using a fine grater, rub the root directly into a free saucer.
Step 3: prepare the marinade for meat.
Pour rice wine and soy sauce into a deep bowl. We also add salt, black pepper and chopped ginger root to this container. Mix everything well with a tablespoon and set aside to stand aside for 5-10 minutes. Attention: Soy sauce itself is quite salty, so add salt to the marinade with extreme caution.
Step 4: pickle the pork.
Pieces of pork are poured with marinade and, using a tablespoon, mix everything well until smooth. Set the meat aside soaked in spices and additives for 1 hour aside. Important: If you decide to cook heh in the summer, then it is better to put the meat in the refrigerator.
Step 5: prepare the garlic.
Peel the garlic and rinse it slightly under running water. Now, using the garlic, grind the vegetable directly into a clean saucer. Attention: if you don’t have such equipment at hand, then you can chop the garlic cloves very finely and on a cutting board with a knife.
Step 6: prepare the carrots.
Peel the carrots with a knife and then rinse under running water. After that, put the vegetable on a cutting board and cut it into small rectangular pieces with the same sharp inventory. Shred the carrots into a large flat plate.
Step 7: prepare onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then spread it on a cutting board. Cut the vegetable into two halves and after - each cut into another half rings. The prepared onions are transferred to a plate with chopped carrots.
Step 8: prepare the cabbage.
We wash the cabbage slightly under running water and put it on a chopping board. Using a knife, cut the vegetable into small square pieces and transfer to a container with other chopped vegetables.
Step 9: prepare the zucchini.
We wash the zucchini under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we cut it into thin rings, and then - each ring is cut further into 4 parts. Shredded vegetable is transferred to a common vegetable plate.
Step 10: Prepare Chili Peppers
We wash the chili pepper under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut off his tail and throw it away, since it will no longer be useful to us. Then we cut the vegetable into thin rings directly with the seeds, as they will give the dish spiciness and piquancy. Shredded hot pepper is transferred to a plate with other chopped vegetables.
Step 11: prepare bell peppers.
We wash the bell pepper under running water and put it on a cutting board. Cut the vegetable into thin stripes with a knife and transfer them to a container with other processed vegetables.
Step 12: make the meat hey.
Pour a small amount of olive oil into the pan and put it on medium heat. When the oil warms up well, make a small fire and pour out chopped garlic. Immediately after that, mix everything well with a wooden spatula so that the vegetable does not burn out and fry it for 3-4 minutes. During this time, garlic will secrete juice, which subsequently saturates the dish well.
After the allotted time, lay out the pieces of pork in the pan and again mix everything well with improvised equipment. Attention: if necessary, add a little extra olive oil to the pan. The meat will produce juice, so we simmer it until it changes color, stirring everything from time to time with a wooden spatula.
Then, add the chopped vegetables to the container, mix everything well with the improvised inventory and continue to cook the dish for another 10-15 minutes. During this time, the vegetables should soften and give juice.
Immediately after this, pour spicy chili powder into the dish, mix everything thoroughly again and continue to simmer 10-12 minutes. The dish turns out rather fragrant, with piquant spiciness.
Step 13: serve the hey of the meat.
Before serving, transfer the hey from the meat to a special dish and, if desired, sprinkle it with black sesame seeds. And since heh is a Korean dish, you should enjoy it with special wooden chopsticks.
- If you do not like spicy dishes, then it is best to refrain from chili pepper and replace it with ordinary bell pepper.
- The dish cooks a different amount of time, depending on what kind and part of the carcass pork. In any case, the meat should be tasted for readiness and only after that should vegetables be added to it. Under no circumstances should you add vegetables to the meat hey before pork is ready, as the vegetables will cook quickly and the meat will still be harsh.
- The dish should be stewed in its own juice, so if it is not enough, add a little ordinary cold water.
- Che from meat can be prepared not only from pork. You can add chicken, and turkey, and beef, and veal, and even lamb to the dish. The main thing is that it is clean and without films and streaks.