Ingredients for Cimes
- Potato 250-300 grams
- Prunes (with seeds) 100-120 grams
- Honey 10-15 grams
- Sugar 5-10 grams
- Chicken Fat 10 grams
- Nutmeg (chopped) 10 grams
- Salt to taste.
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Prune
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Deep pan, Prune soaking dishes, Cooker
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.Rinse the prunes well under running water, place in a separate bowl and pour cold water. Let stand for at least 6 hours. Then remove seeds from it and cut each berry across. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into half rings. Melt chicken fat in a small skillet.
Step 2: prepare tsimes.We put a deep frying pan on medium heat, put chopped potatoes in it, add soaked and chopped prunes, pour chicken fat, honey and add sugar. Mix everything thoroughly. Add 2 cups of water, cover, reduce heat to a minimum and simmer until the dish is cooked (about 20-25 minutes). Unforgettable very often stir.
Step 3: serve.Salt ready tsimes (to taste) and season with grated nutmeg on top. We shift it into one large dish, (for example a salad bowl) and serve it to the table. It is best to consume hot cimes. Enjoy your meal!
- - ideally, the prunes are soaked for 12 hours, but if in a hurry, you can also 5-6 hours
- - the dish is considered ready when the mass in the pan thickens and the potato becomes the color of plum.
- - can be served as a side dish for "flying dishes" - duck, goose.