Ingredients for Squid Stuffed with Mushrooms
- Squid carcasses 4-5 pcs.
- Water 2 liter
- Mushrooms 500g (I took mushrooms)
- Onion 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp (can be replaced with fat sour cream)
- Semi-hard cheese 100g
- Butter 30g
- Flour 1 tbsp
- Greens to taste (parsley, dill) to taste
- Salt, pepper to taste to taste
- Main ingredients: Squids, Mushrooms
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Shovel (wooden), Tablespoon, Cutting board, Skimmer, Colander, Toothpicks, Knife, Grater, Heat-resistant shape, Frying pan, Saucepan, Cooker, Oven
Cooking squid stuffed with mushrooms:
Step 1: take the squid.Take the carcasses of medium-sized squid adults (approximately 20-25 cm). If the squid is frozen, thaw.
Step 2: clean the squid.Squids are quite easily cleaned from a dark film under warm water. We try to remove the mucus with our fingers and carefully clean the insides, rinse well under running water.
Step 3: cook the squid.
Step 4: prepare the filling.Let's prepare the products for the filling: in my recipe I took frozen chopped champignons, if you use other mushrooms, wash them first, chop them finely (2-3 cm slices). Remember that during heat treatment, mushrooms lose moisture and decrease in size. Peel and wash the onion, then chop it finely and finely. Next, put frozen sliced champignons in a heated frying pan (if the champignons are fresh, then as soon as the mushrooms are set in butter, add water), since we still need some water from them. Stew in this way for 10-15 minutes. Next, in another skillet, fry finely chopped onions, in butter until golden brown. Add salt and onion or add any other seasoning to your taste. When the onions and mushrooms are ready, put the mushrooms with a slotted spoon (there should be plenty of water in the pan) in a separate bowl, where we mix the onions and mushrooms.
Step 5: prepare the oven.
Step 6: let the filling cool slightly.Grate all the cheese on a coarse grater. Add 1 part of cheese and a tablespoon of mayonnaise (or fat sour cream) to the slightly cooled filling and mix.
Step 7: start our squid with the filling.
Step 8: put in the oven.We put the baking dish in the oven preheated to 180-200 degrees for 15-20 minutes (time and temperature depend on the identity of your oven). After this time, take out the form, sprinkle the squid with the remaining cheese and again send it to the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
Step 9: prepare the mushroom sauce.While our squids are preparing, prepare the mushroom sauce - to the water that we have left from the mushrooms, add the flour and stir well so that there are no lumps and put on the stove. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, we begin to stir with a spoon until the sauce becomes thick.
Step 10: Serve the squid stuffed with mushrooms.Before stuffed squids serve, remove toothpicks. If you don’t keep it in the oven, you get a very tender, juicy and aromatic dish! Ready squids are served cold, spread on a plate with whole carcasses, or simply cut into pieces and pour over the sauce. Enjoy your meal!
- - If during the preparation of the filling, you have boiled all the water, it’s okay, you can do without mushroom sauce.
- - Squid stuffed with mushrooms are ideal for lovers of seafood and protein foods.
- - If you adhere to a diet, then mayonnaise can be replaced with fat sour cream
- - During heat treatment, squid carcasses are reduced in size. Therefore, in order not to leak part of the filling, they must be welded in advance a little.
- - To prevent squid from being hard, it should be baked with excess moisture.